AKFCF Quarterly Advertising Information
Membership magazine of the Association of Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchisees, Inc.
Tap into this unique and influential audience with AKFCF Quarterly
The AKFCF is very much a family affair. Members care deeply about their business and each other. Each issue of the Quarterly is a celebration of that family atmosphere — on both the business and personal fronts.
Dedicated to their needs and their success, AKFCF Quarterly provides a forum for franchisees to share ideas and experiences, to keep them informed on franchise business, and to give them the information they need to thrive in today's competitive, quick-service industry. Real world experiences, overviews of the latest equipment, human-interest stories, business and technology advice, and regional news keep the franchisee connected and involved. That's why 90% of franchisees read the Quarterly from cover to cover.
From its launch as a newsletter in 1980, the AKFCF Quarterly has grown in size and status to one of the leading trade association publications in its field. This vital communication tool for the Association is an excellent platform for vendors to showcase their products and services to the franchisee.
The AKFCFis composed of seven U.S. regional associations. Membership in a regional association automatically entitles a KFC franchisee to the full benefits of membership in the AKFCF, which includes a subscription to the AKFCF Quarterly magazine. Reader survey results show AKFCF Quarterly readers have unprecedented purchasing power. 98% of KFC franchisees are actively involved in the purchasing process and 84.7% make the final purchasing decision.
History of AKFCF
The Association of Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchisees, Inc. was formed in 1974. The AKFCF membership is unique with its sense of "family" firmly rooted in the values of Colonel Sanders. The Mission Statement clearly defines its role: "The mission of the Association of Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchisees, Inc. is to unite KFC franchisees worldwide and to protect and advance their interests. Over the years the AKFCF has encountered many challenges along with its growth. These challenges were met with a spirit of solidarity and determination to succeed.
Subject to change
|SPRING||Convention||• Shining Stars
• Service Awards
|FALL||Marketing||• REACH Winners
|2017 Resource Guide — |
Mailed with the Fall Issue
|• Annual Directory of Vendors|
*Bonus Distribution at the National AKFCF Convention
|Convention Preview||• Year in Review
• Volunteers / Heritage
The AKFCF Quarterly Resource Guide is searchable online! Our annual directory of vendors and products is available online to KFC franchisees. In this digital format, franchisees on the go can access vendor data and contact information from anywhere. Vendors can update their product and contact information whenever the need arises, insuring franchisees have access to the very latest product information.
The AKFCF Quarterly Resource Guide is produced in print format once a year.
2017 ADVERTISING RATES
|All rates are net.
|(horizontal, island or vertical)|
|(square or vertical)|
|Professional Services Business Card||1X||2X||4X|
Display Advertising Due Dates:
|Issue Date||Ad Closing||Materials Due|
|2018 RESOURCE GUIDE||8/11/17||8/18/17|
Publication trim size: 8-1/2 x 10-7/8
|Ad Sizes||Width x Depth (Inches)|
|Spread||17-1/4 x 11-1/8|
|Full page (bleed)||8-3/4 x 11-1/8|
|Full page (non-bleed)||7-3/8 x 10|
|2/3 page||4-3/4 x 10|
|1/2 page island||4-7/8 x 7|
|1/2 page vertical||3-5/8 x 10|
|1/2 page horizontal||7-3/8 x 4-7/8|
|1/3 page vertical||2-3/8 x 10|
|1/3 page square||4-7/8 x 4-7/8|
|Business Card||3-1/2 x 1-3/4|
AKFCF Quarterly goes directly to plate from disk. There is no film. Advertising rates quoted are for electronic media only. We accept materials electronically via email or FTP. We can also accept CD-ROM and DVD.
Mail materials to:
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
1635 Old 41 Hwy., Suite 112-361
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Send e-mail confirmation to:
email@example.com and cc your sales representative.
- Files should be formatted as high-resolution (300 dpi) JPG, EPS, TIFF or press-optimized PDF. Color images must be saved in CMYK.
- We cannot accept files in Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint, Word or any other application that will not export to EPS, PS or TIFF formats.
- Ads should be submitted as flattened image files. Advertisers submitting any file that is not flattened must include all fonts, files of placed or imported images or graphics, and other support files to ensure accuracy.
Send e-mail confirmation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publisher will not be held responsible for any color changes appearing in print if a color match proof has not been submitted.
The monthly, digital publication for the AKFCF family, the AKFCF E-NEWSLETTER provides timely news and developments to KFC franchisees. The AKFCF E-NEWSLETTER reports on breaking AKFCF news, updates on training programs and regional events, and provides exclusive AKFCF committee reports.
How can the E-NEWSLETTER work for you?
E-NEWSLETTER advertising is complimentary, and reserved for advertisers with 4 or more pages booked in AKFCF Quarterly
Companies who reserve advertising space totaling 4 or more pages qualify for the 250 x 250 pixels squares. The top banner is reserved for companies with 5-6+ pages of advertising booked in 2017. We cannot accept requests for E-NEWSLETTER advertising from companies with less than 4 pages of print advertising.
Increase the level of your advertising in AKFCF Quarterly and your advertising message will be included in the AKFCF E-NEWSLETTER. Your ad will be interactive so franchisees will be only one click away from your website or landing page.
AKFCF E-Newsletter Ad Specifications
- AKFCF E-Newsletter ads are available in 2 sizes:
- Square ad - 250 x 250 pixels
- Top Banner ad - 780 x 100 pixels
- Ads must be submitted as web-formatted files at 72 dpi.
- Ads cannot exceed 30 kb.
E-Newsletter Advertising Due Dates:
|Issue Date||Ad Closing||Issue Date||Ad Closing|
In addition to the printed issue, AKFCF Quarterly provides a DIGITAL ISSUE to all association members, including key employees.
Extend your reach to these key buyers with enhanced advertisements, videos, and direct links to your product pages.
Membership in a regional association automatically entitles a KFC franchisee to the full benefits of membership in the AKFCF, which includes a subscription to the AKFCF Quarterly magazine.
The AKFCF is composed of the seven
Plus the seven international
Reader Survey Results Show AKFCF Quarterly Readers Have PURCHASING POWER
|98.0% of KFC franchisees are actively involved in the purchasing process||90.0% pass along their issue to others in the company|
|84.7% make the final purchasing decision||94.9% of franchisees read the advertising|
|51.8% expect to increase expenditures on major purchases in the next 12 months||67.8% bought products or services advertised in AKFCF Quarterly
AKFCF Quarterly readers recommended, specify or approve the purchase of the following:
|Food Service Equipment||88.1%||Point of Sale Systems||49.2%|
|Advertising & PR||67.8%||Computer Software||37.3%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement that does not meet the Publisher's standards, for any reason at any time.
- The Publisher makes no warranty on the space purchased except to provide that space for the Advertiser's purpose as specified by this agreement.
- The Publisher assumes no liabilities and makes no representation of the products or services advertised.
- The Publisher is not responsible for any discrepancies or errors in advertisements supplied by the Advertiser or their Agent.
- The Publisher reserves the right to request 50% up-front payment from new and infrequent advertisers.
- Advertisers displaying KFC Corporation and/or Yum! Brands registered trademarks in their advertisements hereby warrant that they do so under the authority and authorized use policies of KFC Corporation and Yum! Brands, and hold harmless the AKFCF, Inc. and/or Lionheart Publishing, Inc. for any misuse or damages resulting from misuse.
- In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the Advertiser and Agency, jointly and severally, will indemnify and hold blameless the AKFCF, Inc., AKFCF Quarterly, Lionheart Publishing, Inc., their officers, agents and employees against any loss, damages and expense resulting from the advertisement, including without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of right of privacy, copyright infringement or plagiarism.
- The Publisher is not liable for delays in delivery and/or non-delivery in the event of any condition beyond the control of the Publisher.
Storage of Advertising Art
- Artwork, advertising film and other reproduction materials will be destroyed 12 months after last use.
Cancellation & Contract Terms
- Cancellations of advertising must be made in writing and are not accepted after ad closing date.
- Any cancellations of space must be made in writing prior to the space reservation deadline. All cancellations are confirmed within 24 hours and confirmation of cancellation may be required to ensure non-billing of space. If contracts with a frequency discount are not completed in full, the rate for the insertions completed will be applied and charged.
AKFCF QUARTERLY Publishing Office
Tel: 319.728.3282 | Fax: 319.728.2940
Tel: 888.303.5639, ext. 228
Tel: 888.303.5639, ext. 212
Tel: 888.303.5639, ext. 220 | Fax: 770.432.6969
Tel: 888.303.5639, ext. 215
AKFCF Administrative Office
9520 Poplar Hill Drive
Crestwood, KY 40014
Tel: 502.241.7871 or